Friday, June 26, 2009

Thursdays Treadmill Run

Thursday June 25th

Instead of getting up at 4 a.m. to run, I decided to make my Thursday runs a run on the treadmill. It gives me a break from getting up at 4 a.m. during the work week, and it also is much cooler running inside. It was only a 3 mile run that i had to do. I still can't figure out why my HR is always so high when I'm running. I tried to keep it low which kept me running at 5 mph. The funny thing is, if I ran faster than that, like 5.3 or 5.4, it still stayed around the same. If I went lower, it still stayed around the same. I don't get it. I just decided to run at what felt natural. I also did a few walk breaks, but not many. I think I did three total walk breaks for about 40 seconds each. I wanted to just use walk breaks when I felt like I needed them, versus doing them every four minutes or whatever. Basically, I just felt like running at the speed I felt like running and walking when I felt like i needed to. Every now and then I feel like I have the need to just run, and not be bound by any specific guidelines on how fast to run, how often to stop, etc.

When I finished, I felt great actually. It was a good run. One of those that when I finished, I felt like I could have gone longer. Today (Friday) is a day of rest, with tomorrow being a six mile run with the group run.

Run stats: 3.5 miles on treadmill. 45 minutes. 386 calories burned. Average HR 151 (86%) and max HR 170 (96%). Ran mostly at 5.0 mph with only a few short walk breaks.

No comments:

Post a Comment