Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Workout Results 8/3/09

I forgot to update with Monday's workout. I ran 7 miles on monday after work. It was tough again. I pretty much did a 1:1 run walk the entire way, and walked most of the last two miles. But, I figure that 7 miles is 7 miles, no matter how its done.

After I did the run, I went home and rested for awhile. Then Jeff wanted to do the Strength training. I didn't really feel like it, but I did it anyway, and of course, I'm glad that I did.

Yesterday (Tuesday) was a day of rest. Its just how it kind of worked out. I think I needed it anyway. Tonight I'm going to do a 3 mile run. I'm scheduled to do 6 miles tomorrow, but I have a 5K that I'm running in, so I figured that I still wanted to get the mileage in for the week, so I'd run three tonight and the three tomorrow. I'm really hoping that the breathing is better tonight.

I've actually been feeling slightly better. The shortness of breath was better yesterday, but the heart palpatations were bad in the afternoon and evening. But I'm feeling much better this morning on both issues.

Yesterday afternoon I had the appointment at Max Sports to have my right foot looked at. They don't think I need orthotics. He said that I have plantar fasciitis, which I have suspected for awhile. He gave me some exercises to do for it, I have to ice it using a frozen water bottle after my runs, and I have a splint like device that I have to wear to bed at night. OMG. I wore it last night. The thing looks like a brace and goes all the way up to my knee. Talk about uncomfortable! But, wow, what a DIFFERENCE it made this morning when I got out of bed! holy cow. My foot felt great! I guess its just a matter of getting used to the thing. It's tough though. I go back in three weeks for a follow up.

This afternoon I have the appointment with my regular doc to do some bloodwork to see where the tsh levels are for my thyroid to see if that is the problem with my heart rate and breathing. I think I'll get the results back as soon as tomorrow, or friday at the latest.

Anyhow, the plan for the week: Today is a 3 mile run (which seems like nothing!) along with Strength training tonight. Tomorrow is the 5K race. Friday is ST. And saturday is the 14 mile run. Looks to be a busy week!

No comments:

Post a Comment